Feliz Jueves


Things that made me happy this week

Registering to go back to school - The idea of going back to school has been in the back of my mind for quite a while, but life always seems to get in the way. I've finally decided that it just can't wait any longer. I'm 34 years old, and I've always had a belief that success, for me, is tied to my level of education.

I've been to school twice before, and while I've done exceedingly well in most of my classes, I've never completed my studies...mainly because I tend to choose my path based on romantic notions, and then I get scared when I hear others talking about impracticality, lack of jobs, etc.

This time, I'm approaching school with a level of maturity that I didn't have before, and while I may not have the energy that I had the first time around, I do have the desire. I don't yet know exactly what I'm going to study, but I have some time to work on my core classes before I have to declare a major. I'm exploring the idea of a major in social work with a minor in Spanish language. There are so many different directions that I could take with that focus of study, and they all contribute to society in an altruistic way. That's important to me.

As Mahatma Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Little things that brought me joy

Trying out geocaching. A high school graduation party for a lovely girl who is soon beginning an amazing adventure in the heart of New York City Finishing my summer inspired collage Seeing my good friends share their product on television (I'm proud of you both!) CDC zombie apocalypse preparedness advice. Good job to those who realize that entertainment CAN be used to present information effectively. Masterpiece Mystery's Sherlock. I usually dislike modern adaptations, but this one worked very well. Riding in the car with the T-tops off Doting on my super dogs My cilantro seedlings are out of control!

0 comments: