Things I love Thursday


A few of the blogs that I read participate in "Things I love Thursday," and I like the concept of taking the time to appreciate the good things in life.

So without further adieu, here's my TiLT list for the week. (We'll see if I can actually manage to make this a weekly event. I'm not promising anything, as I'm fantastic at neglecting this space...)


Things that made me happy this week

Coffee with old friends - There's nothing like reconnecting with kindred spirits that you haven't seen in ages. I went to Common Grounds with two friends (J & J) that I've known since Junior High School but haven't seen in more than ten and fifteen years, respectively. They're now engaged, and it feels good to know that they're doing well. It was a comfortable reunion without any of the awkwardness that sometimes happens when large periods of time have passed between meetings. I still feel the same, easy connection that I always have with these two individuals, and I hope we'll meet again in the near future.

Urban Apartment Gardening - Christoph and I are trying our hand at growing some herbs and vegetables in our apartment. We don't have a balcony, so we're limited in the types of plants that we can grow, but it feels good to make the effort. We planted two varieties of strawberries, chocolate mint, lettuce basil, chives, and swiss chard. We're also trying to seed English thyme, dotted mint, and cilantro. I expect that some of these plants will flourish, but I'm worried that the basil and the strawberries may not do as well. From what I understand, most basil needs full sunlight, and we have an east facing exposure which limits the amount of light that we get. It could be worse, but it could be much better. We do have some grow lights, but it's just not the same as unadulterated sunlight.


Little things that brought me joy

Starting a 101 in a 1001 list new Chuck Taylors dogs, dogs, dogs A refrigerator full of in season fruits and vegetables receiving the book Inside of a Dog as a gift Guided by Voices shopping for new dishes with Christoph reading about animal assisted therapy working on a spring inspired digital collage The "rosehips winestained lips" playlist on my ipod (which I think I've actually had on rotation for nearly a year)





1 comments:

moif said...

Actually thats pretty normal for Finland...